Remedial Massage Mandurah
Remedial Massage Therapy is the treatment of muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. Massage can help to reduce pain and restore function. It also supports and accelerates the body’s own ability to heal. Massage is applied directly to the skin usually using oil. Stretching and moving the joints through their range of motion may be included in the treatment. Apart from making you feel great, there are many benefits of Massage that can improve your quality of life. During your first consultation your therapist will go through your health history and examine you to determine likely causes for the pain or dysfunction. Remedial Massage Therapists go through extensive tertiary training to earn their qualifications. They need to be registered and recognised by health funds for rebates.
Some of the benefits include:
- Loosen contracted, tight muscles and promote optimum muscle health
- Pain Relief
- Stimulation of Immune Symstem
- Prevention of Injury
- Increases Blood flow and lymph circulation
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression
- Improved Posture
- Increased flexibility
Massage techniques provided by Mandurah Physiotherapy Remedial Massage Therapists include:
- Deep Tissue – slow, deep movement working along the muscle fibres
- Trigger Point Therapy-works with referred pain patterns and compression of the tender spots within the muscle to reduce pain
- Sports and Rehabilitation– movements across the muscle fiber, compression, vibration and deep tissue movements along the muscle fibers
- Myofascial Release– slow stretching movements and gentle pressure using heat from therapists and client to release the fascia
- Swedish Massage– relaxing strokes of effleurage, petrissage and percussion are used to increase circulation of blood and lymph
- Reflexology-thorough foot massage to promote relaxation self healing and energy balance for the whole body
- Cupping-promotes self-healing and circulation.
Remedial Massage is used in conjunction with physiotherapy particularly with sports injuries and spinal dysfunction. While your physiotherapists may do some trigger point releases, extensive massage should be performed by a remedial massage therapist. When joints are tight, muscles are often involved and need to be treated as well.
Go on, spoil yourself. Book in for some Massage Therapy at Mandurah Physiotherapy. We also offer Gift vouchers which are a wonderful present for that someone special. Remedial Massage Therapy may be re-batable from your private health fund (dependent upon the therapist) and be claimed instantly through our Hicaps system.